The Early Days of Benjamin Jack Williamson

The purpose of this blog is to capture the very beginning of our new baby Benjamin's life. I hope this will be a simple way for our family and friends located across the country and world to stay in touch with what is happening with Benjamin, Steve, Me, and of course, Buster Brown.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Father's Day 2006






Steve's first Father's Day was packed with fun...but we were exhausted! I was warned by a nurse at the hospital that I shouldn't have caffeine or chocolate while breast feeding and now I know why! On Saturday night, Benjamin was officially up all night. It was 'h-e-double-hockey sticks' on us! In thinking back I realized that I had ice cream with chocolate chips in it on Saturday night and that caffeine must have really gotten to him! So, I have vowed to live a life without caffeine, without chocolate and limited amount sugar for a while. I'll sacrifice those things for just a little more sleep! That way I can enjoy every moment with this squirmy wormy (second nickname). I am taking the advice of my sister Judy's boyfriend Larry and have started to drink mass quantities of chamomile tea. Larry's sister did it when she had her baby and apparently it calmed her baby down a lot and helped aide with sleep. Well, on Sunday night, Benjamin slept great! He slept for 3-4 hour stretches all night and I got about 10 hours of sleep myself. Life really is better when you sleep! And last night he slept well too! Thank you Larry for the chamomile tea advice!

Back to Father's Day...Here are some pictures from the special day! Here is the moment when Benjamin finally fell asleep after a long night of 'partying' at his crib. :) He fell asleep on his Papa's chest! How sweet. Later in the afternoon, Grandma Laurie, Grandpa Greggy, Auntie Krissy and Cousin Heather came to visit. Each took a turn holding him and giving him lots of love! It was so sweet. They are smitten with him! It was lots of fun to see them and Benjamin was really content! Of course, he slept the ENTIRE time!

We went to the doctor today and Benjamin already gained 1lb 2.5oz from the last doctors visit! He weighs 9lb 10oz....90z above his birth weight! He also grew 1/2 inch and is 21 inches long. No wonder my arms feel like they are gaining serious muscles. He is such a big boy and is growing everyday! We are so proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home